I've committed to this challenge: Lose 10% (or more) of my body weight from January 1 through April 10. I'm shooting for 20 pounds, which would put me at more than 10% and right about where i would like to be for cycling. Here's what i'll need to do.
- Eat a reasonable, high protein breakfast. (Check: I'm doing this already)
- Eat 4 or more small, well balanced meals everyday.
- Stop eating snacks outside of meals
- Exercise more consistently (i'm regularly doing 2-3 times a week)
- 4-6 times a week
- 35 minutes or more
- High intensity
- Some strength training (core, probably)
- Avoid my "traps"
- eating office chocolate (you know, those little chocolatey treats that are always around the office? Well, that's probably an extra 100-200 calories a day, probably 20K+ a year
- Eating on the way home from work (stress eating? )
- Eating desserts
- Late night eating
I know what to do. I just have to do it. And, a $500 bounty is worth it.
Want to join me?