With a lot of money, comes a new relationship with the publishers. Link: Glam Makes Big Cuts In Publisher Payments – “Up To 80% Drop In Revenue”.
For a number of reasons having to do with my job, i’ve been thinking a lot about this concept lately:
- The best advertising is true service
- [insert noun here] that delivers truly valuable service, something that is helpful, delightful, authentic
- The brand is embodied by the full breadth of the delivery experience:
- etc. etc. etc.
- The job of marketers is to ensure consistent delivery of consistently good service
- True for product manufacturers just as much as for service businesses. Products have service wrapped around them, whether you like it or not. It’s called consumer experience.
Paul does a nicer job getting it across than i could. See also:
* (yes, i know they’ve been getting a lot of link love from me)
I’ve got a friend who is behind webdigs.com, a Redfin competitor, but based here in the Twin Cities. While i’m not a client or an investor, it sure looks like a good business model. And, now Redfin is out with some data that should piss off agents even more. Check out the Techcrunch writeup here: Computer vs. Realtor: Computer Wins. Twice.. I love the smell of disintermediation in the morning!
promising new blog from some smart minnesotans, about technology in Minnesota. Link: Minnov8.