For a number of reasons having to do with my job, i’ve been thinking a lot about this concept lately:
- The best advertising is true service
- [insert noun here] that delivers truly valuable service, something that is helpful, delightful, authentic
- The brand is embodied by the full breadth of the delivery experience:
- etc. etc. etc.
- The job of marketers is to ensure consistent delivery of consistently good service
- True for product manufacturers just as much as for service businesses. Products have service wrapped around them, whether you like it or not. It’s called consumer experience.
Paul does a nicer job getting it across than i could. See also:
* (yes, i know they’ve been getting a lot of link love from me)