PUNY blog: IGDA Holiday Party at PUNY.I’m not a game developer, and i don’t really know the PUNY team (yet), but this still looks like a party i might want to crash…
I’ve got an interest in both Web 2.0 and recipes, specificially social recipes, recipe sharing, and sites that make it easy to share recipes. This post is really a summary of recent/new recipe sharing sites. Some easy recipe sharing sites i’m looking at:
- Kitchenbug – Looks like this project is dead (insert poison joke here)
- RecipeThing.com – Still says beta, but looks like a database app with social features. Not a lot of heavy activity and looks (from the blog) like a one-person project
- Keyingredient.com – Still kind of small, i think. But, there’s something powerful about their approach.
- Foodconnect.com – Canadian, still in beta (surprise). Broad functionality. Visual design is professional, UI is crowded. It’s not clear whats unique about their offering.
Any others i’m missing?
My first reaction to Bacon Cupcakes isn’t positive: Cupcakes Take The Cake: Bacon cupcake roundup.
Holy Crap, ProBars are good. I had one this morning after a workout at the Lifetime Fitness. The Whole Berry Blast was awesome. Good company story, too. ProBar: The Whole Food Meal Replacement, Organic, 100% Vegan, Ideal for Endurance or Recovery » About.
Now Blogging at BettyCrocker.com, Hurricane Mike, the BBQ blogger: Packing and ready for Memphis from bettycrocker.com.
Another free facebook app idea:
- It’s a ponzi scheme
- But for beer
- Beer becomes a "currency"
- Create a list of 6 people
- Send each of the six a "beer" and the original list. Tell them if they send each person a "beer", they’ll get six in return.
- Person with the most "beer", wins.
Discuss and start coding.
I’m making this Cinncinati Chili recipe tonight. It’s pretty close, i think, to the great Chili Johns chili from Green Bay, WI, which i am having strange cravings for. And, i might add, is considered the best red chili in america from no less an authority than Jane and Michael Stern.
I’ll add PorterHouse to the list of great food blogs i’m reading!